On Christmas Eve we enjoyed a spectacular meal with my parents at Michael Mina in San Francisco. Delish!!
We started off with a bottle of Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose (one of my favorite celebratory wines). Then with dinner we shared a bottle of 1983 Château Margaux that my father brought up from his cellar.
This is was what I ordered:
Pork ~ Terrine, Belly, Short Rib
• Tête de Cochon, Foie Gras, Cornichon Gelée
• Frisée au Lardon, Quail Egg, Sherry Mignonette
• Bourguignon, Forest Mushrooms, Potato Gnocchi
Brandt Farm Beef ~ Steakhouse Sides
• Filet Tail, Sweet Carrots, Béarnaise Reduction
• Short Rib, La Ratte Potatoes, Natural Jus
• Dry Aged Rib-eye, Forest Mushrooms, Sauce Bordelaise
Quince ~ Fall Spices
• Membrillo, Sablé, Spiced Yogurt
• Orange Blossom Doughnuts, Cardamom, Quince Jelly
• Cobbler, Frangipane, Ginger Ice Cream
(It didn’t seem worth waking the baby up for the photo)